Sunday, May 28, 2023

Oh My Stars! I Made Card

 


How long has it been?? Waaaaay toooooo looooonnnngg! My hubby's birthday was Thursday and he turned 66! He does not look it but he is not a happy camper. I was working but I bought him a cheesecake  and, this weekend, I made beef Stroganoff and he loved it. 

Ok...on with the card. The Library Challenge started up again and I'm so happy about that so I designed a card around the book they displayed. I created the background using alcohol inks. I stamped Mr. Ruggles, this stamp is about 2 years old, in black ink and placed him in the frame I made using a dye cut. I coloured it with distress sprays. I used double sided sticky tape and placed it all down. Stamped the sentiment in silver but used blue embossing powder and heated it up. I coloured the sticker borders in black and framed Mr. Ruggles. Oh, his first name is Percy. Poor guy is not a sports cat but he loves to read which makes him the perfect cat.

The Library Challenge-


HLS: Birthday -Anything Goes

Simon Says- Add a Sentiment 

Retro Rubber Challenge-Anything Goes rrcb207

The Male Room- Add An Animal

15 comments:

  1. Hi, Birgit!

    Yessum, it's been a while since you showed us some of your BB Creations, dear friend. Meanwhile, happy 66th birthday to your hubby. Shucks, tell your hubby 66 is not old. He's a young sprig compared to Shady. :) By the way, how much of your beef Stroganoff wound up in my buddy Harley's tummy?

    I love Percy the bookworm cat. I also admire the shades of orange, blue and gold mixed together in your composition. The card is lovely and I thank you for sharing it with us!

    Okay, this is goodbye as I prepare for my blog break. I will be back to see you the second week in June. Please take good care of yourself, your hubby and Harley. This is off topic, but I wanted you to know that I watched a sweet tear-jerker of a movie on Netflix tonight along the lines of The Notebook. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's entitled The Age Of Adeline (2015) and stars Blake Lively, Harrison Ford and Kathy Baker. Let me know if you have already seen it or end up watching it.

    Take care and have a lovely couple of weeks until we meet again, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story about Mr Ruggles. Unfortunately my own cat doesn't read and, instead, pesters me while I try to read. The alcohol background is cleverly done and I love how the sentiment stands out. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Birgit..just love the wonderful cat image with the glasses…brilliant background….take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stroganoff and cheesecake. You really can't go wrong with those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous image Birgit, and it's a fabulous card for your Husband. I hope he had a lovely birthday, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. I hope your husband’s birthday was happy despite his disgruntlement at being 66. I will be 66 in a couple of months so I don’t want to hear anything bad about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that card! Purrfect:)
    Sandra sandrcox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I'm with you on not having done much creatively lately. It's cool. It's also great to make something again, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this is so cute - love the background! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! And such a great fit for the book inspiration! Thank you for playing with us this time at RR. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful masculine card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic animal card. Thank you for joinig us at The Male Room. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great card and Mr Ruggles looks fab - thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room Challenge but to be included in our top 5 we do ask that you also include our graphic

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic card :-))
    Thank you for joining us at The Male Room ❤️

    ReplyDelete