Monday, January 29, 2024

Flowers and a Deer

 


Inspirational-Paper Piecing

Addicted to Stamps-Diecuts/Stencils

Dream Valley- 2 or more papers

Fab N' Funky- Stamp it

Stamping Sensations-Mood Board


This is for s nice couple who invited us over For the afternoon. She actually was the reason we met. She was our matchmaker. I'll tell the story one day because it's sweet. Now, I used a series of die cuts to cut out the backings in white, red glitter, and black cardstock. I stamped the flower in black and used my gamsol pencils to colour it in. I stamped the flower again and cut out the flowers. I used the pop up dots to adhere them to the main flower for a 3D effect. I took a die cut butterfly to cut out the image from  a paper remnant I had glittered up in red and glued everything in place onto the gold cardstock. Finally, I added garnet crystals for this January card.


Christmas Kickstart- the Midas Touch

Crafty Animals- Anything Goes

Simon Says-Add Some Texture

Little Red Wagon- Never Before Used Stuff

I took a stencil, that I have not used before, and coloured it with distress inks and then placed it on my light box and pressed it with a small tool to raise it up so it looks embossed although it doesn't come out in this picture, sadly. I stamped my sweet reindeer in the middle and coloured it with markers. I embossed the red cardstock through my cuddlebug with the evergreen branches and coloured it with gold. I put the turquoise glitter on top and heat embossed it.  Plus I heat embossed the saying on top. I added the glitter gold stickers and the crystals. 


11 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Birgit…I love the die cut shapes on the first one…very dramatic and your lovely stag on the second..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Christmas comes earlier every year! Great cards though. Intrigued to hear your matchmaker story some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both great, but I think I like the 2nd one best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet stenciled deer, Birgit - thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart!! Love the flower card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautifully designed cards! Love your stenciled wreath and sweet little reindeer. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! That little deer is such a dear. Thanks for joining Linda and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely cards. Winter crocus is reminder that spring isn't far away. One winter after a snow and was beginning to melt, I went out to get the mail. As I returned from the mailbox, I looked down and there was a lone crocus greeting me. I have no idea where it came from other than a bird must have dropped the seeds in our yard planting this one little flower just for me. It was a happy discovery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just beautiful, Birgit. You do a wonderful job.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Birgit - yes I look forward to hearing the matchmaking story - but just lovely you made a special card for your friends. You're very creative - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crocus card is so pretty with the sparkly crocus blooms and double framing Birgit! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Paperpiecing! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little late to this post, but saw as I was visiting your latest entry at Stamping Sensations and was curious that I'd not seen this and moreover why non of my team had commented. Looking back you don't seem to have actually linked it at Stamping Sensations January challenge. But was a pretty Tulip card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete