Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Hello, Good-bye and so on...

 


Yes, I kiss my dog and he loves it. Not the best kiss but I love kissing him hello, goodbye and I love you. So another year over and on to the next. I'm joining in on Monday Music Moves Me and here are my 3...

1. AULD LANG SYNE SUNG BY THE CAST-1946


Ok, yes, I got "It's A Wonderful Life" on here again but it fits with the theme. This is an old song from Scotland with lyrics by Robert Burns, from what little I know. It's to welcome the new year and saying goodbye to the old. 

2. EVERYTIME WE SAY GOODBYE SUNG BY ELLA FITZGERALD-1944


I love this song and Ella sings it so well that I had to use her. This is a Cole Porter favourite.

3. HELLO, GOODBYE SUNG BY THE BEATLES-1967


I mean, this is the perfect song and the first one that popped into my head. I bet it will be popular today. Paul McCartney wrote it and it's one of their many hits.

What songs can you think of that sing of hellos and goodbyes?

6 comments:

  1. Birgit,

    I used "Hello, Goodbye" in my first BOTB. Did you see that post? It went live earlier on Monday. Auld Lang Syne is always popular and one of my old favorites. Ella Fitzergerald sweeps me back to another time. Thanks for joining the 4M party. May you find good fortune, continued happiness/love, and good health throughout 2024. Here's another year of growing our friendship. Happy New Year, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of a lot of goodbye songs...
    Your pup is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet picture! 💕 I kiss my dog too. 😘 Excellent choices for the theme. 🎶 First songs that came to mind are "Hello, I Love You" by The Doors and "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For once I know all three of your songs well! I shall add That’s No Way To Say Goodbye by Leonard Cohen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auld Lang Syne is "the" song for New Years. Every year when I was young, my parents would listen to a band - Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians - who would ring in the New Year at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City. It was broadcast on TV for years, and they would sing Auld Lang Syne at midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your baby and kissing is a good thing.

    I love all your videos, but the Beatles one made me smile. I loved the Beatles.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete