Wednesday, October 9, 2024

My Favourite Rock Band

 


The Moody Blues… one of the great bands to come out of the 1960s that captured so much intelligence and artistry especially in the phenomenal album, “Days Of Future Passed”. I have many of their albums but could get a few more. I didn’t go with my other favourite, “ABBA” because they are not a band as much as a group in my way of thinking but I do love them. I am joining Monday Music Moves Me which is all about your favourite band or songs.  So here we go…

1. NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN-1967


Might as well start with their most famous and iconic song that we all know so well. I love everything about it including the poem at the beginning of the album and this one, at the end. I love how they used the London Symphony throughout the whole album culminating in this great composition.

2. ISN’T LIFE STRANGE-1972


This song is from the album, “Seventh Sojourn” which includes one of my all time favourites, “For My Lady” which I posted here a couple of times. This just makes me think how strange life can be no matter what age or time we are in. This song resonates today as it did back in the day no matter what is going on in the world or in your own life. I love it,

3. I’M JUST A SINGER IN A ROCK AND ROLL BAND-1973


This is just a fun song written as an answer to many who thought the Moody Blues were some philosophical gurus when they just wanted to write music. This was put on a 45 on the A side with “For My Lady” on the B side ( one of my all time favourites). This is, of course, from “Seventh Sojourn” as well.

I could go on and on but I shall leave it with these 3. What band or songs are your favs?

2 comments:

  1. Never a big fan but everyone knows Knights in White Satin. Fun to watch people attempt to sing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Birgit I still listen to them often…I even went to see them once in my youth what an experience xxx

    ReplyDelete