Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Kaspar the Disaster, I'm going to send you to Jasper.

Yup...late again...and so it goes

The last pussy cat is our newest and youngest...Kaspar...German from Kaspar Hauser. We were in our local Petsmart buying food and my hubby said he was going to look at the cats. Before I could say, "Noooooooo", he was off and the cloud of dust was all that was left. After paying for the food, I went to see what my hubby was up to which was no good. He wanted to get a pussy cat and my head hung low because I knew there was no dissuading him. I saw this quiet tuxedo cat sleeping  and not doing much else and showed him to my hubby. He wanted this pussy cat so we paid for this bundle of joy. When we got back, I was not convinced to add yet another to our brood  and next morning, my hubby said we would  not get him. That morning, at work, all I could see in my mind was that pussy cat with one tear dropping from his cute face so I called my hubby and gave the ok.

We picked up Kaspar who was one sick kitty and we were not happy! We called Petsmart, who are connected to the Humane Society in the Niagara Region, and they told us the pussy cat came from the Fort Erie SPCA. My hubby contacted the Fort Erie SPCA, who found the little dickens on a golf course, telling them the pussy cat had a bad cold and his ears were infected with ear mites! The person he spoke with told us they have students who were to care for the animals but this was unacceptable (No kidding! They should check on the student's work). They gave us funds for the vet and we had to quarantine Kaspar until he was aok which took 3 weeks.

Now, this pussy cat turned out to not be the quiet type by any means, meowing for his pappa, his toys and, if he can get into mischief, he will. He already helped take the wallpaper down in the bedroom which made us revamp the bedroom. He likes to remodel our wood around the doors and if he tries this on the old wood, he will become a violin:) He has fallen in love with my hubby and vice versa so he gets away with murder! The water bottle does come in handy every night since he demands to be played with...often! He can run up and down the halls like Speedy Gonzalez on cocaine and then he konks out for a much needed nap...usually next to hubby. He loves receiving licks from Jade but not the paw bash right after. As my hubby says.."Kaspar, my little disaster. I'm going to send you to Jasper!" He is full of beans (both Jaspar and my hubby) and we love him...our little entertainer.

Name: Kaspar(after Kaspar Hauser)
Age: 2 years...the nutty years
Nickname: Kaspar the disaster, Cutie Patootie, Snookums, Snidely Whiplash, Hitler (My dear friend nicknamed him this).
Loves-birds outside (not allowed to be near them, just watch), be played with, belly rubs, being held (most of the time), redecorating
Toys-the string with the feathers at the end-he will jump high up to grab it. Laser, my feet under the blanket, balls of paper-he goes nuts!







58 comments:

  1. Reminds me of Charlie Chaplin with that mustache. He sounds like a handful. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a handful..I should get a hat and cane

      Delete
  2. Yes I can see Charlie Chaplin. Sounds like a fun pussy cat to have living with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a lot of fun! A pain but so much love too

      Delete
  3. He sure looks ready to always go. Sounds like quite the fun fellow too, keeping you on your toes, or biting them off, at your zoo haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is always go go go. He loves to play and play and play and he can bite!

      Delete
  4. I like his mustache. Such a cute cat. Rambunctious indeed! Keeps you on your toes!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a cutie and he does keep us on our toes or else he may bite them

      Delete
  5. Hi, Birgit!

    I enjoyed meeting another of your kitties, Kaspar the disaster. What a cute black mustache he has! I'm sorry Kaspar was plagued with medical problems from the very start. That's no fun. I am very happy to know that you got him fixed up and that he has become a comical and mischievous member of the family. Bless his heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is into everything and my hubby and I are so thrilled to have this little tyrant and that he is healthy now

      Delete
  6. From these photographs he looks like a cat with lots of personality. I imagine he's quite entertaining to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes...he is entertaining except when he wants to scratch the wood!

      Delete
  7. Hi Birgit...cute .....bet he can be a monster like all cats but we love them whatever they do.....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he is a tyrant but he is so cuddly and loves my hubby!

      Delete
  8. What a mustache!
    At least they helped with the vet bills after passing off a sick cat.
    You knew you couldn't say no...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...I couldn't and I'm glad my hubby called them and gave them hell

      Delete
  9. What an adorable cat. I love the little mustache. It's sad how poorly some of these animals can be looked after, even in an animal protection shelter. Glad to hear he's well and very happy in your care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame that he was not well when he was brought to Petsmart especially since he could have given it to the other cats but he is a treasure

      Delete
  10. I love his crooked mustache! Kaspar reminds me of my cat, Milo. Milo is the pain-in-the-butt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when he twirls his mustache, I know he is up to no good:)

      Delete
  11. Yeah, I can see where Hitler came from in the first picture! But Charlie Chaplin is a much better suggestion. Kaspar is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering Hitler got his mustache idea from Chaplin apparently, it can be seen both ways

      Delete
  12. What an adorable kitty cat. Love the nick names. He certainly has a unique personality, doesn't he?
    Oh you old softie. I was cracking up when you talked about the kitty cat with a tear in his eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...just like the little penguin with tears that turn into little ice cubes. He touched my heart now if he would stay away from the wood!

      Delete
  13. He looks like he has a mustache. I bet he was so docile in the store because he wasn't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah what a great story. And what a cutie. Love the a skewed mustache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is our cutie-Dr. Chaplin and Mr. Hitler:)

      Delete
  15. I wish I wasn't allergic to them because I'd like to get a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah he looks adorable .
    glad he entertains you .
    cats are fun to be around

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely story and how lucky is Kaspar to have two devoted parents. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! Cute, spunky kitty. You make me miss having a cat, but then I remember that I have a toddler, and all is right in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have your hands full for sure! The cat is easier to handle than a toddler in my eyes:)

      Delete
  19. "HITLER" -- Ha!-Ha! What a great nickname for that cat.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Wednesday, Birgit.
    I smile whenever I look at those pictures. He's such a cutie.
    Cats do tend to hide their real selves until they get their forever home:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you smiled and boy! Did he hide who he was:)

      Delete
  21. So hes a happy critter keeping everyone on their toes supplying him with toys. Kaspar will have you guys well trained to serve the needs of the tuxedo cat in no time! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He already has trained us well...especially my hubby

      Delete
  22. While an unfortunate beginning, he's a cutie that reminds me of my old cat Sergeant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a cutie patootie as I call him or "You little brat!" :)

      Delete
  23. He is beautiful - and I love his mo.
    Cats rule - or they do in our house anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh he's so sweet! I love that you call him Kaspar the disaster. We have a cat named Daisy and we call her Crazy Daisy as she's a constant nut and always causing trouble somewhere. Maybe I could send her to you. You'd have a heck of a time keeping up with the both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy Daisy is perfect but one is enough...thank you and we have 5 cats so we are truly insane

      Delete
  25. Kaspar is handsome. His black spot above his mouth reminds me of Groucho's mustache. hahahaha. I've enjoyed reading about your furry family. They're fortunate to be with you and your Husband.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can see why your friend call him Hitler, but he is such a beautiful cat! And he reminds me of the one I had when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  27. He is a cutie! I have to thread very carefully when I visit PetSmart because of their darn cats. It takes an extreme amount of self control to not bring a cat home every time I go there.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gotta love a cat with 'tash! You certainly have a thing with PetSmart!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete