Monday, November 28, 2016

Tags Galore

I  have been creating tags and cards...promise, but I have been up and down on the roller coaster pain o' rama so it has been difficult to be up and doing things and then try to sit at the main computer for  an hour or more to download the cards and tags. Sounds silly but it takes time and it hurts. Today I am off ...due to pain but I can sit for this hour to put some tags up that I created. I have been inspired by the Funkie Junkie who creates a tag each week and you can either create a tag, card, gift bag or anything using her tag as inspiration. She is quite the artist so I'm glad I found her and am hoping to have 12 tags completed. She also has a store called the Funkie Junkie boutique if you wish to peruse.

I have had some of these done for a while now but here we go.

Week 4


If you head on over the Funkie Junkie for week 4 you will see her tag which I ripped off..er....paid homage to, by having the focus on poinsettias and the colour red. I stamped a basic flower in silver and used white sparkly embossing powder for the background. I took 2 pieces of red and green ribbon and a paper snippet for the bottom and another snippet, I stamped the saying in red and adhered it to the tag. I used my punch for the leaves and I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the poinsettias and placed them on top with pop up dots.


Week 5


I enjoyed creating this card but I realized I don't have any fancy small holly leaves. If you head over to The Funkie Junkie for her original take, please do. I coloured the tag in silver and gold metallic paint. I stamped, embossed and fussy cut the holly leaves as well as the Noel ornament. I literally just ripped a piece of paper and used distress ink pads for an old world colour (like that instead of saying mud) and stamped the sentiment. I glued it all together and added sparkle pearl drops that look more like gobs than drops....oh well.

Week 6 


Now, The Funkie Junkie's tag is so pretty and I love her Scandinavian background and total feel of her card. My tag...have pity on me for it looks like I just came from some mental ward. The blue, in the background, I tried using some pearl paint on a metal stencil but it didn't turn out all that well so I did my best to cover it. I added the red ribbon and the leafy punch. I stamped the trees and cut them so it would look like a forest with added silver sparkle that didn't photograph well(That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). I stamped the sentiment and added that final part to the card. Let's move on shall we:)

Week 7


This is 2 weeks ago but I am getting there:) It was a week of blue so I took my blue tag and stamped the deer in white snow glitter and did this same around the tag to make it look like one was looking through a window pane. I added the snowflakes, wrote, in my sad handwriting, "Let it Snow" and finished it with my sad little bow. Head on over to the Funkie Junkie to see her original and beautiful tag.


I am working on last week's tag but not sure when I will finish it. I hope to very soon. I still have to make my advent wreath and am late since first of Advent was yesterday. I do make it from scratch and it hangs from the ceiling with 4 candles on it...very German. I have no children and this tradition, along with the way I decorate the tree, will probably go the way of Jack Frost. My niece is not interested and I would not want to push something on her just for the sake of tradition. Geez, I just went morbid. Anyhoo, have a great week and I am going back to the couch.

27 comments:

  1. Great looking tags; almost could be used as Christmas ornaments too! Sorry that you are in such pain, lets hope the whole month of December won't be like that.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're completely up and around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Birgit!

    I am very impressed with these festive holiday tags. My favorites are week 5's with the muted old world look, and week 7's rendered in a masculine confederate blue with the reindeer and snowflakes.

    I'm sorry you have been ailing, dear friend. Please take care of yourself. I am also sorry that you have not found younger generations of your extended family who share your interests. I am in the very same boat, I assure you.

    Please have a safe and happy week, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you are still in pain Birgit....thank goodness for a comfy sofa...love that you have been making tags,they are lovely and all so different..small is beautiful xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you make is beautiful, Birgit. The deer is my favorite. I'll pray for your pain to ease.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you are in pain. I was that way on Thanksgiving. Your tags are lovely. They'd be totally wasted on my sons. Ripped off and thrown aside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you hurt! The tags are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like red, so live the first one, but my favourite with the next one with the faded, distressed look. Sorry to hear you are in pain again - hope it eases soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wonderful textures of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tags Birgit. I do sympathise with you being in pain and am sorry to hear it's so bad at the moment.

    I know what it;s like to have lots of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you're in pain. I hope you feel better soon.

    I love week 5 and week 7. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tags are wonderfully done. Ugg pain is never ever fun, hopefully it backs off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you feel better soon. These cards are so beautiful! I love week 7, that deer in the snow looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these are lovely, Birgit. I think my favorites are week 6 and 7. Yes, I like blue:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear! So sorry to hear you're in pain. Hope you feel better soon. And despite the pain you have made gorgeous cards. Love the vintage (and muddy) look. The icy blue tag is a really lovely.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all beauties. I especially like the second one. It has a classic, antique feel to it.

    So sorry for your pains, hon. That's miserable. You deserve much better. Please take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, your tags are gifts in themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can I just hire you--or better yet, trick you into eternal servitude for the joy of living in my basement? ;) Super cute tags.

    It's so hard to let go of traditions, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I feel like I'm going morbid, I go for the beer. I'm still morbid, you understand. I just don't care as much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you feel better soon. Those tags are so pretty, they should be saved as bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, it's almost Christmas! These are lovely tags to use.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your commitment, even when you are in pain. I wish it would lessen, but sometimes that doesn't help.

    Those tags are incredible. You are too hard on yourself. If I could make a tag that looked anywhere nearly as good as any of these, I'd be over the moon with happiness. Each is beautiful in its own right. I know each recipient will think they got two gifts, one being the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back Brigit! So sorry to know you are in pain but glad you were able to make a few tags and get them posted. I think they are all lovely, but Week #4 is a beauty. Love the red and the poinsettias are gorgeous. And #7 is fabulous too - that blue is wonderful and I love the snowy feel you have achieved. Bravo to you for getting this all done! I hope you will be feeling better soon.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've had a tough week which has led me to not replying as I normally do but I am humbled by your support and generous words. Thank you so much for all you have stated here plus liking my tags. Thank you so very much

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous versions of Linda's inspiration - I particularly love your #6 and #7 tags - lovely work.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Birgit, just been looking through your tags ( yes a bit late I know) they're favulous! I LOVE tag art and your creations have made me want to do some tags myself lol! :) xx

    ReplyDelete