Sunday, August 27, 2023

In My Craft Room...Yahoo!!

 


I finally cleaned up my craft room and haveen playing! I will show some of the scrapbook pages next week but I wanted to show a card.

Color Throwdown: Grey, Green, Aqua ctd757

I had bought a gelli plate, it’s a thick piece of gel plastic. It’s very moveable that you can create backgrounds with. I tried this new style (my first time), after watching YouTube videos. I placed a little bit of acrylic paint in green and in aqua on the plate. I took my roller and rolled the paint onto the gelli plate and placed white paper onto it. I lifted it off and …not bad but I need to do more with it. I took my Tim Holtz distress pad in peacock blue and rubbed more in around the corners. Once that was done, I placed it through my cuddle bug with my snowflake embossing folder.  I took my silver embossing pad and lightly brushed it on  top of the raised area and embossed it in green pearl. 

I took a Christmas tree stamp and embossed it in green with embossing glitter in green. I cut it out and adhered it to the card with pop up dots. I stamped the sentiment in aqua and embossed it in blue Pearl and glued it in place. I added some crystals and used grey for the final part that I glued the coloured part onto.

My first Christmas card this year! I am sooooo behind. 

Wishing you all a good week ahead.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Birgit…loving the snowflakes and the tree it’s so dimensional….take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you put a lot of work into your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, cards! It looks great. And I'm sure it felt good to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birgit,

    Very cool effect this created! I love how the snowflakes turned out!! I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner and it really is with how fast time flies by! Have a boogietastic week, my friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas card! So glad you joined in the challenge at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so cool! The process sounds like fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Birgit - it looks amazing ... and so pleased your craft room is sorted out - making it easier to create. Enjoy - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at 52 CCT this week...The base you created is my favorite part! Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete