Monday, July 26, 2021

Cards have gone to the Birds plus a Fairy Herald

 


Twofer Challenge-Birds

My double look of birds in 2 different ways. The first is obviously for a birthday (my hubby's Aunt) but the second I thought could be used for anything even a sympathy card. 


Alphabet Challenge- Use "happy" in a sentiment

We Love Chocolate Baroque-Beautiful Blooms

Stamping Sensations-For A Lady

Yellow and pink seem to go well. I coloured the birds in yellow and the flowers in pink using my gamsol colour pencils. I used the cuddlebug for the background paper, added the pink glitter paper plus a nice yellow velvet ribbon I found to create the look. A final touch is the Sentiment that I coloured, with a marker, in pink. 


Cute Card Thursday-Anything Goes

I made this for another challenge that has been and gone but that's ok since it is still a nice card to showcase. I used the same bird stamp but left it uncoloured except for the yellow and grey that comes from the background. The background is sprayed with distress stains and I added water to let it drip down. I took the background grey cardstock and placed it through the cuddlebug for the dry embossed look. I layered different coloured cardstock and finally added the birds but tilted because, I am a bit tilted so it works. As a finishing touch, I added the black gems. 


 

The Fairy & The Unicorn- Anything Goes

The Male Room-Christmas in July

12 Months of Christmas-Anything Goes

Sparkles Christmas-Snowflakes-More than one

Christmas Craft Creations-Anything Goes

Dream Valley Challenges-Christmas in July

Addicted To Stamps-Use a Die Cut and/or stencil

CHNC-I did Anything Goes

I had fun creating this mystical card for Christmas. I used a fairy instead of an angel. The background was alcohol pearl inks. I stamped Evergreen and pinecones around in plum. I used my poinsettia diecuts as well as a single  snowflake that I cut out twice plus a filigree snowflake design on the bottom left. That one plus the snowflakes I glittered up. I glued everything in place and added stickles on the poinsettia. I glued it onto turquoise cardstock and magenta mirror cardstock. I think I will add a gem for the middle on the poinsettia....I meant to do that.

22 comments:

  1. Pretty snowflakes on your fairy card - love the theme, lol. Very fun colors, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting how the two bird cards look so very different even though they used the same stamp. It just goes to show how important color is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 lovely cards Birgit…your two bird cards just show how different one stamp can look…and your pretty fairy card is just adorable!….take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Birgit!

    IMO, these are among the most beautiful cards you have ever created and displayed, dear friend, another being the Shady Dell Graffiti Card you so generously made for me. I have an affinity for birds, and love the striking yellow and pink combo used on the card you intend to give to your hubby's aunt for her birthday.

    I also love the plum, turquoise & magenta color scheme used on the Christmas in July - Fairy & Unicorn card. Who needs to see another Yule card with the image of a chubby Santa, Frosty the snowman or trumpeting angels on it, when they could be the lucky recipient of this unique design of yours? At this point, I would normally insert my joke about being the first to wish you a merry Christmas, but it's too late in the year for that to be funny, so happy Valentine's Day! :)

    Enjoy your week, dear friend BB. I'll be seeing you Wednesday to play the WSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely collection of cards, the Bird ones so different in their finished presentation and the Fairy of course a delight on the Alcohol Ink backdrop.

    As always it's lovely to see you at We Love Chocolate Baroque, thank you so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back to thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Beautiful set of cards. I love your Christmas fairy, such pretty colours. Thank you so much for joining us in our Christmas in July challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful selection of cards Birgit, the bird cards are gorgeous, I love the image and your colours and your fairy christmas card is wonderful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fairy card, fabulous background you've created. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn challenge this month and good luck with your entry Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely cards. The fairy is such a unique take on a Christmas card. Please note that to be eligible for our prizes, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. I'll check back before the challenge end date to see if you've updated to be eligible :) Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bright and colourful cards, and the birds are perfect for a birthday greeting. The bright papers match nicely with the colours you used, and I'm sure your husband's aunt will be happy to receive such a wonderful greeting on her special day. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards made with that pretty bird stamp and loving the fairy cards as well with that wonderful background!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty!
    Thanks for playing at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card. Great images and so glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone for your most kind comments on my cards. I am so glad you love looking at them and spent the moment to respond here. I will, indeed, have a Happy Valentine's Day Mr. Shady Dell

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous Birgit. If you have time today you could squeeze a bird card over on Try It on Tuesday. But if not, no worries. It was still great to stop by. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry I just saw your message, Birgit. It was waiting to be moderated at TCC and I don't check often after the challenge closes. And I'm sorry that you missed it! Your Twofer bird cards are really terrific and I love the fairy card, too! I LOVE the colors of the background and that sweet poinsettia! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
    We would love it if you could display our challenge badge on your post too, thanks.
    Maja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colors with lovely elements! So glad you joined us for our ATG Challenge at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You created a beautiful Christmas card - thank you so much for joining the The Male Room blog.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete