Monday, July 5, 2021

Secret Garden

 


Color Throwdown- green, blue, purple. ctd649

Dream Valley-All Occasions

Sparkles Monthly-Floral Extravaganza

Simon Says-Anything Goes

Crafty Animals-Anything Goes

Tic, Tac, Toe-Used Wedding, Flowers, Free(glitter) (tttc120)

I used alcohol inks for the background and was trying something new but it looked mottled and icky. So, I took distress inks and, using a sponge, rubbed these rich colours on white paper. I stamped the paper with 3 different flower images and then fussy cut them out. I took a purple mirror card and green glitter card and cut them down to size...dont worry,  they shed no tears. I glued them in place for the layer look and then took different flowers and either glued them in place or used pop up dots to create the secret garden. I used my sizzex to cut out the butterfly with my die cut and glued the glittering butterfly in place, adding crystals and stickles for more sparkle. 

Speaking of secret garden, this is my garden that my hubby created. 






This is what it used to be...




12 comments:

  1. Hi, Birgit!

    That floral extravaganza made me swoon, dear friend! The shades of green, blue and purple go extremely well together.

    I also admire the "before" and "after" pictures showing how your dear hubby took an unsightly space around your house and transformed it into a garden paradise. I'd love to take a stroll through it and "stop and smell the roses" or any other flowers he planted. What a difference it made in the curb appeal of your property. It's beautiful!

    Have a wonderful week, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he has green fingers! Great card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors on your card are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation. I absolutely LOVE what your husband has done with that yard.

    That's a beautiful card with a beautiful secret garden. I like all the glitter you used on the matting, too. And that butterfly is the magic in the mix. Lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Birgit…I can see where you got your inspiration from..your glorious colourful garden what a haven for you to be in…oh for a husband with green fingers mine does know a weed from a flower….take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your card design reflects your beautiful outdoor gardens! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s your garden? Oh my. It’s stunning. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. Your hubby truly did create a Secret Garden. It's wondrous.
    And your card...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is stunning, as is your garden! Both are just delightful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so glad everyone loves my card and the garden my hubby created. I helped pick out the plants, tell him about the care and the purchasing but where to put the plants, the care and everything else is him. He is great..I love him so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birgit, your card is lovely - what fabulous colours! Thanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful garden, too - what an achievement! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete