Monday, September 18, 2023

A Few Cards

 


Color Throwdown-CTD 760- Navy, Blue, Yellow

Happy Little Stampers- Watercolor Optional-Layers

The Flower Challenge- Use a Die

I had a lot of fun today. I created the background using colour bursts in blue, blue sparkle and yellow. You just dab the powder on water colour paper and it's like magic to see the colours appear. I stamped the flower in black and coloured it in with Gamsol pencil crayons. For the 4 corners I took a die cut and cut it out using my sizzex. I glues them in place and added the blue crystals  including the little butterfly. For some extra sparkle, I used stickles on the flower.


Christmas Card Throwdown - Theme Challenge- Christmas Mice

Crafty Animals- Anything Goes

Simon Says-Make it Cute


Christmas will be here before you know it and I love Christmas but wouldn't mind it being delayed. I had this cute mouse yawning but, I thought, I could make a group and they could be singing so..they are. I created the background with distress inks and flicked some water on it to give that splatter look, almost like snow falling. The mouse was stamped and masked( stamp it on sticky paper, cut it out and place it on the mouse for protection) in order to stamp the mouse 2 more times. The tree and sentiment were stamped and embossed in blue indigo. I layered onto different papers.


Addicted to Stamps- Any Occasion
Butterfly Challenge- Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations-Garden Delights
Tic Tac Toe- TTTC226

I used Stencil, Free, Foliage

Girlie card galore! I tried this pink paint to see if it was still good...and it is. I took an Embossing folder and ran it through my cuddlebug and then applied this lavender paste gently across the top to highlight the leafy foliage. I stamped the flowers and coloured them in with my pastels. I stamped the butterflies, coloured them in with the pastels and fussy cut them out. I glued everything in place but used pop up dots for the flowers for added dimension. I finished it off with the birthday greeting. 



12 Months of Christmas- Christmas Baubles

Another Christmas card. I put my blue card in the star folder and wrung it through my cuddlebug to get the star images. I again used my lavender and gold paste to gently brush the colour o top of the stars. Using my sizzex machine, I used an ornament die cut in a shiny purple cardstock and glued it onto white sparkly paper. This was glued onto my silver sparkle cardstock.

See, I was busy!!


17 comments:

  1. They are lovely. Making cards is something I have never done. You are very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That iris is so beautiful against your color burst background! So glad you were able to play along with our challenge at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful creation sweetie, I love the background and this wonderful flower that you have coloured so perfectly. Stunning. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely colours there. The first one is my favourite. I like that shade of blue and it looks great with yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cards. So pretty.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Christmas is fast approaching. Time to get cracking. (That was for me. I won't listen, but I know it's time.) Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty summery card in the pastel colours, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards, as always, Birgit. ♥ You have such a talent for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birgit... love your sweet mice! Thanks for joining and sharing at Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your butterfly florals as well! Thanks for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great that textured base and love the flowers! Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your floral card is lovely, Birgit. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty selection of cards, Birgit and the floral butterfly card is just gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi BIigit! I say you can never have too much shimmer and sparkle and this pretty card proves it! Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely selection of cards.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card! Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete