Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Andre Rieu in Concert!!

 


This past weekend I took my mom's best friend to Toronto to see Andre Rieu in concert. She introduced us to him through a DVD years ago and, yet, never saw him herself. It was beyond superb!! He did 2 sets plus another 40 minutes because the 20,000 people would not let him go. He played the Blue Danube where he had fun with it plus Bolero and so many other songs. He also had a Gospel choir who were just beyond excellent. Another music person, Songbird's Crazy World also has spoken about  Andre Rieu. My mom's friend was so happy..overjoyed which made me happy. I'm joining Monday Music Moves Me over at Curious As A Cathy.

One thing though, on our way home, we were at the bus stop and, to make a long story short, I fell over her suitcase which she parked right in front of me. My phone and glasses went flying. both my pinkies have swelled up as well as part of my hands. Wrists are sore. Both my knees are swollen with the right one double the size. My ankles hurt and, strangely, my left foot. I don't want to press down on it. My right side has taken a turn for the worse today so I really did a number. The people came rushing to me and were so sweet and helpful because I was bawling due to pain and shock. They helped me up and stayed with me on the bus talking to me so I would not think about the pain. Aside from that tumble, it was a fantastic weekend.

1. I WILL FOLLOW HIM

This song became famous in the early 60s sung by little Peggy March and got famous again when it was featured on the film, "Sister Act" that starred Whoopi Goldberg. Andre created something magical here and it was...great!

2. CHIANTI SONG

Andre has his own 3 tenors that can bring the house down. This is a fun German song..yes fun and German in the same sentence! What I love is the one gal, in his orchestra, is truly funny as well as talented who can play more than one instrument including the bagpipes. Here, she was salivating for some bubbly and downed it! You don't see it in this clip but it was in the concert I saw on Sunday.

3. AMAZING GRACE

This is a justly famous song from the late 1700s that is played often. On Sunday they played Scotland the Brave with Amazing Grace which was beautiful.

I tried to download a video but it didn't work...bummer.




12 comments:

  1. Birgit,

    I hate that you took such an awkward hard fall and you're in pain. I sure do hope this isn't anything serious, just bangs and bruises but I have to admit, I'm a bit concerned. Please, if you don't get any better go get yourself checked out.

    What an interesting coincidence that you and Robin saw Andrea Rieu recently in concert and that you both posted about it, too! That was so sweet of you to take your mother's best friend to see him in perform live. I bet she beamed throughout the concert and no doubt probably is still beaming after such excitement. Andrea is really an amazing talent. DH got one of his Christmas albums for me one year which I really like.

    I'm delighted you hobbled over to join us on the dance floor, darlin'! Take care of yourself now and have a boogietastic week, if you can!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I added your post to the linky party. I figured you meant to but forgot being in such pain. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except for that horrible fall the weekend was fabulous. I hope you feel better soon.

    I love Andre. I've been seeing his videos for years. Wow.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Healing hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sister Act" took that song and changed its meaning, and I like the new one better.

    You take care of yourself after that fall! A fall started all of my current issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your fall!

    But I’m glad you got to enjoy the concert,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you recover soon (and please, if it doesn't get better real soon, please consider getting medical attention). I absolutely loved your three selections and, since I'm a lover of bagpipe music, especially enjoyed Amazing Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you both had a good time, but ouch on the fall which sounds bad. I echo others in saying you should get checked out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you fell. That sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andre Rieu was my late friend's favourite artist, and she introduced me to his music. He is a master! How nice of you to take your mother's friend to the concert. Lovely photo of the two of you. The injuries from your fall do sound pretty serious, and I hope the pain is subsiding. If not, please go to the doctor, as others have said. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful Birgit, lucky you. I love him and would love to go to a concert. My son took us to a Andrea Botticelli concert the other year and it was magical. Sorry about your accident, I hope you are not too much in pain, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone for your kind comments. If I don't get better, I will go to the Dr. I just sprained...my body. It was just lovely. Thank you for adding me to the linky, Cathy. I've been very off my game.

    ReplyDelete