Monday, September 11, 2023

Paper Piecing ... and Piecing

 



Tic Tac Toe Challenge- TTTC224- diaganol- Ink Blending, Die Cuts, leaves


HLS- Anything Goes With Dies 

Inspire Me Mondays- Anything Creative

I had a great time creating the background using distress glossy ink sprays and distress inks. I just bought  a pinkish and purple glossy spray and had no clue how it would turn out. It’s really cool! When it dried, it looked like a leather but almost feeling elastic. I added the distress ink in a blue to create a nice blend of these colours but I wasn’t sure what to do with it. I had a die cut of a peacock in purple and glued him down and proceeded to cut 3 more  and then slowly pieced each one in place which took forever. After that, I placed this piece on my cuddle bug and, with a rubber mat, pressed it threw the machine so the peacock pressed into the card. I stamped the edges in a filigree and the sides, top and bottom with leaves. I wanted to create a dream-like look.  So I stamped and embossed the leaves and coloured them in with markers and just embossed the others in green powder. I used crystals on the bird’s feathers and stickles around the leaves. I glued it to a blue cardstock and Voila! 

Have a beautiful day!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Birgit. You have achieved so much texture and colour to catch the eye. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic background Birgit and such a wonderful peacock…beautiful card and so worth all that effort…take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!! I love the look and texture of the card!!! Thanks for playing along with the TTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Very beautiful🎨Double Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Birgit! The background is so cool!! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a fan of bright colors so I am loving the peacock card. Birgit. It's so pretty. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card -- I love everything about it Birgit! Congrats for being featured at Inspire Me Monday 574 at Create With Joy! :-)

    ReplyDelete