Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Angels are Always Near

 


I have always been attracted to angels and wonder if they truly do exist..I hope so. I know people have stated they’ve seen them, some credibly and others…in a potato chip. Cathy over at Curious As A Cathy, just lost her father and it’s rough. Most of us have all been there or, unfortunately, will be one day because this is a part of life. It’s sad but let’s hope they become the angels who watch over us…I like to believe they do. This is for Cathy…

1. UNINVITED SUNG BY ALANIS MORISSETTE-2007

I really love this song which was written by Canadian Alanis who also sang this song. I love the music and the way she sang it which comes from the film, “City of Angels” a love story about a doctor  and an Angel. I haven’t seen the movie because I’m not enamoured with the stars..Meg Ryan, who plays the doctor or Nicholas Cage, playing the Angel. I don’t mind Meg Ryan but more in the rom-com movies.

2. PANIS ANGELICUS SUNG BY MIRUSIA-2013

She is known as the Angel from Australia and was named by the famous conductor and owner of his famous orchestra, Andre Rieu. The words were written by Saint Thomas Aquinas in the 1200s and finally put to music, most famously by Cesar Franck in 1872. I just find it beautiful.

3. TO WHERE YOU ARE SUNG BY JOSH GROBIN-2001

I had no idea that Josh Grobin showed up on the TV show “Ally McBeal” back in 2001 introducing this song and becoming famous as a result. This song was written by Richard Marx and Linda Thompson and became quite famous back in 2001…the same year when the towers came down and many became angels that day. 

To Cathy and everyone who have lost a loved one.

8 comments:

  1. Mom loved "Panis Angelicus." My brother sang it at her second wedding and her sister sang it at her funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Josh Groban on Ally McBeal. I feel old that it was more than 20 years ago. Didn’t know Linda Thomson had a hand in the song though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of Cathy's loss.
    Hugs, Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, thank you for your kind words! Blessings to you!!

      Delete
  4. I'd not heard of any of these, but they are all beautiful. My sincere sympathy for Cathy's loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, thank you for words of condolence, my friend. Blessings to you always!

      Delete
  5. My late mother in law believed in angels. After she passed one of my cousins, who didn't know this, sent me a condolence basket and it had a beautiful angel statuette in it. It's in my living room, as a remembrance. I loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birgit,

    I'm deeply moved by your thoughtfulness and music inspired song picks. Like you, I like to think those who cross over stand over us as angels comforting and protecting us from afar, unseen but felt. Regardless of this, I do know Daddy is in heaven at peace free of pain, worries, and all the other earthly baggage. He is his happy, silly self once more!

    Thank you for these touching musical sentiments which brought tears to my ears. You're such a dear! God bless you, my friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete