Monday, February 26, 2024

Christmas Fun

 


Christmas Card Throwdown- Retiform Technique

Stamping Sensations- Animals, Birds & Creatures

Addicted to Stamps- Christmas 

This is an old style but I never made one like this and it was fun. I took a scrap paper, a sponge and a dye ink pad, in apricot brown, and started to create the geometric shapes. I placed down the paper onto a cardstock I had floating around for a while ( I created the background using red and green distress ink with water).  I took a few small stamps and bigger evergreen ones along with brown, green and red dye ink pads and started to stamp. To make sure you don’t stamp in other areas, you cover the area you don’t want stamped with posted notes. Once that was all stamped, I added the bow and the saying. 


ABC Christmas- cats and Dogs

CCAYR- Hearts

Crafty Animals- Anything Goes 

Sparkles Challenge-Hearts and Flowers

Inspiration Station- Dog and Cat ..Cuddly

I used my cuddlebug and an embossing folder I’ve had for a while but never used. I took some grey cardstock, cut it so it fit the folder and took my red dye ink and rub it on the flat side. I pressed it through and the red came right onto the card. I coloured in the rose and leaves with a glitter pen for some added oomph. I stamped my sweet pussy cat in black and used my tombow markers to colour in my pussy cat plus I added some glitter, obviously. I fussy cut her out and glued her in place. I added the hearts, the green leaves and the wood flower, that I coloured in red with the dye ink pad, and glued them in place. I placed it on some green cardstock, with some stamped greenery in green dye ink and voila!

Have a beautiful day and week ahead.




19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. These may be your best cards yet. I love them. Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are pretty, but I really love the retiform card...some I've seen are blah...but not yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat card is adorable and sweet. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog this month. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Birgit..you are getting on with your Christmas card stash…take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one best, but I do not want to think about Christmas in February!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great effects on the first card and as I just told another lady, only today discovered it has a name. Many thanks for joining this months Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Birgit - those will be and are fun - it's always a pleasure to receive a card that's been made by the sender ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really nice! You make far better cards than anything one finds in a store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Birgit, I love especially the card with the kitty, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card with the Cat. I love how you created your card. Thanks for sharing this nice card with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
    Annie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ribbon sure sets off the first card and the hearts the second.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards! I've forgotten about retiform, thanks for the reminder. And the kitty cat is precious. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Christmas card. You used the retiform technique perfectly Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - love how you framed the cat.

    Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh - I like this technique - must try it!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. que c'est adorable, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Creation et chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete