Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Had a Fun Crafty Weekend

 


The Flower Challenge- Use a Heart

The Male Room- Use a Heart

We Love Stamping- Romance

Inkspirational- Hearts

Little Red Wagon- Show Us Some Love

Simon Says- Fun with Foil

Tic, Tac, Toe Challenge- used Sparkle, Watercolor, Flowers #tttc241 


I created this card for my hubby and, I have to say, it looks pretty good:)). I took my cuddlebug and embossed the flower frame. I used my tombow markers to watercolour in the roses in a variety of blues. I used my dark blue ink pad and pressed that across the card and the colour adheres to the raised areas. I used glossy accents to create a shine on the roses. I stamped the sentiment and the heart in a sticky  embossing powder and used the blue foil for the 2 stamped pieces. Finally took double sided tape around the edges and placed the the 2 different blue foils on top. I glued everything in place and my hubby loved his card



52 Christmas Cards- Mushrooms

Sparkles Monthly- New Beginnings

I have not used my gnome stamps until now. I used my tombow markers and coloured in the gnome and the mushroom. I added glitter to the top of the mushroom, fussy cut it out and glued it to the white card stock. This cardstock was glued to the frame in red glitter. I stamped  the sentiment in green which must be 15 years old. Added the gold glitter border and the star crystals. 


Fab N' Funky- Paper Piecing

12 Months of Christmas- Die Cuts/Embossing 

Christmas Kickstart- Out On A Limb

This was fun to do! I enjoyed paper piecing the ornaments that I cut out using my sizzex machine from paper remnants I had on hand that was coloured up with colour bursts. I stamped the evergreen in green and glued the ornaments in place. I took red stickles and placed it  on top of the berries and glued it on top of a sparkly paper with border stickers and purple pearls in each corner. 

How was your weekend?

19 comments:

  1. You've made the color blue shine in this lovely card Birgit, and I'm loving the more vintage look to this card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great cards Birgit…loving the embossing on the first one…your cute Gnome and lovely ornaments you have been having fun crafting…xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Birgit, especially the one for your hubby! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with beautiful paper pieced baubles, thanks for sharing with us at Fab’n’Funky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and texture and love the love..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's it fun to get out the cards and play? Those look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these look grand, Birgit. I especially love the last one.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the Valentines card with blue flowers look stunning! Works so well for a man. Thanks for joining us over at INKspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card you made for you hubby is amazing, Birgit - love the embossed and coloured background - that is very clever with a wonderful 'grungy' result
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us at We Love Stamping, and using the theme for the month.
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pretty collection of cards and lovely to see you at We Love Stamping challenge, many thanks for joining us.

    I've also just left you a message on your 29th January post.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card. Thanks for joining 52 CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous selection of cards! Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh you've been busy Birgit, and what gorgeous cards, beautifully designed all so very different, Katex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and so glad you liked my cards especially my Valentine’s card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty selection of cards but the first one looks really special the colours are wonderful thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card...thanks for sharing it with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. I really like the blue heart card.

    ReplyDelete