Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Which Song Won the Oscar for 1975

 


So I decided to choose another year from the 1970s because I haven’t been back to the 70s in a long time. 1975 is  a fun time with Jaws and Disco making headway. I’m joining in with the Monday Music Movies Me, even though it’s Wednesday. Let’s see if you can figure out which song won the Oscar, which one was nominated and which came up with neither…

1. I’M EASY SUNG BY KEITH CARRADINE


This song, is from the film, “Nashville” directed by Robert Altman  with a star studded cast and a film that I really want to see. This film was written and sung by Keith Carradine from the famous Carradine clan whose father was John Carradine and brother was David Carradine. 

2. IT DON’T WORRY ME SUNG BY KEITH CARRADINE


Yup, this come from the same film and was also written and sung by Keith Carradine. I had no idea he was so talented.

3. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU’RE GOING TO SUNG BY DIANA ROSS


 This song comes from the movie, “Mahogany” starring Diana Ross and…it’s a dumb ass movie but it’s fun with the fashion and it has this song. This was written by Mike Messer( music) and Gerry Goffin ( lyrics) and became a huge hit for Ross.

So can you guess who won, who was nominated and who got nuttin’?



20 comments:

  1. Keith Carradine sounds familiar but I certainly don't remember either the songs. However, I do remember the movie and song, "Mahogany". One of the rare treats as a kid, I went to the theatre with my best friend to see the film. My friend's mother paid. I think she sat in the back so we could giggle through the movie without reprimand. lol If I had to guess, I'd say it was "Mahogany" that was nominated. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a more famous song, nut Mahogany did not win but it was nominated. I'm Easy won

      Delete
  2. Diana Ross won, "I'm Easy" was nominated, the third one wasn't either. How'd I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right withbthe last one but I'm Easy won while Mohagany was only nominated

      Delete
  3. I'm stumped here, but let's try: "Do You Know Where You're Going to" as the winner "I'm Easy" nominated, "It Don't Worry Me" got nada. I should know 1975 songs but I'm not sure I'd ever heard either song by Keith Carradine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! Do you Know was nominated while I'm Easy won the other Carradine song got nadda

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty sure that "I'm Easy" won and "Do You Know..." was nominated. Saw and enjoyed both films. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Birgit!

    This one I know! Though I've never been a fan of the song "I'm Easy" won (I remember Keith Carradine performing it on the Oscar broadcast).

    Diana Ross's song, which I think would have been a more worthy winner, was nominated and the other Nashville song didn't make it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As per norm, you are correct and I so agree with you on the Ross song

      Delete
  6. The only one I am familiar with is the Diana Ross song. A good friend was married to Diana's first cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thats pretty cool..did she ever meet Diana a d her big hair

      Delete
  7. I feel like Diana Ross won! I'm too lazy to check myself lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1975, the year my brother was born. I'm going to say Diana Ross won, but I was a bit young, so I don't feel bad for not recalling this at all.
    (Thanks for your story on my blog about your sister. Amazing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...yes, funny that your question was spot on with what happened to me. I'm Easy won

      Delete
  9. Oops, fell into the spam folder again. That's okay. I got the winner wrong, anyway.

    ReplyDelete