Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Love Stinks!

 


Poor Harley, he's pouting and probably is thinking love stinks  because he got into trouble. This week, over at Monday Music Moves Me, it's about love being beautiful or love stinking and I went that route. I will say, I am in a great relationship and love that man of mine and vice versa. I have gone through the pain of losing love and most of us have felt that pain so here are my picks...

1. LOVE STINKS BY THE J. GEILS BAND-1980


This song was the first one that came into my head. It was written  by Peter Wolf( not Peter the Wolf)  and Seth Justman and you just know they have been in a bad relationship. 

2. YOU OUGHTA KNOW BY ALANIS MORISSETTE-1995


Thos Canadian blew the world of music with her album, "Jagged Little Pill" which won many Grammys. This is raw and angry and  I love this song.

3. BAD TO THE BONE BY GEORGE THOROGOOD-1982


I love this song! We have all met a bad boy that we just love to get all hot and bothered with because they know the buttons to push. Guys...you have probably met a bad gal who knew how to drive in that screw. Sorry...

Robyn Engel, who is an angel, always has some fun poems about love..er..lust and sex which is very funny. She always has a poetry contest about Valentine’s Day and I, somehow, missed it. Here is my poem

Roses are Red, 

Violets are blue

Men (or women) can stink

But friends are always true



9 comments:

  1. I love You Oughta Know! Excellent song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor Harley. What did he do? Love Stinks is the first song I thought of too. ๐Ÿ˜† I especially like Adam Sandler's rendition in The Wedding Singer. You Oughta Know gets played way too often on rock radio, but it's a good song, nonetheless. And I love Bad To The Bone. Great choices, Birgit! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice take on Roses are Red;)
    Happy Valentine's Day.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Stinks is done on Wedding Singer by Adam Sandler's character, probably my favorite scene in that film I've seen dozens of times. I love that movie. The "practice" kiss between him and Julia, Drew Barrymore's character, is one of the best movie kisses of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Harley certainly looks dejected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great songs but the Alan is is my favourite ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  7. You picked three great ones and I like your take on the theme. Sometimes love really does stink! I remember Robyn from a Blogging from A to Z Challenge of years ago. I have to like someone as addicted to good chocolate as she is, but she had dropped off my radar after that A to Z, sadly. I should check her out once again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your poem and you, Birgit. Thank you for the attention here. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete