Monday, February 12, 2024

Christmas Snow flakes

 


Christmas  Throwdown-Blue and White

Christmas Craft Creations- Glitter and Sparkle

Hearts Quest Fantasy- Anything Goes but must be fantasy/ Fairy

I always enjoy creating a card in blue a d I love Angela so this was a no Brainerd for me. I used alcohol inks in blues to create a bit of a swirly effect and then added distress inks that I rubbed around the edges. I stamped the angel in white and then embossed it in snowflake white glitter using my heat gun. I added the white sticker border and snowflakes and, finally, I added some being in the corners. I layered the card o to dark blue and white shimmer paper.

Dream Valley- Add a Sentiment

12 months of Christmas- Die cuts/Embossing 

Sparkles Monthly- New Beginnings

Fab N' Funky- New Beginnings

I have this silvery shimmer paper and added alcohol inks in various colours  for the background. I used die cuts for the snowflakes and the 2  at the top right and bottom left border. This was die cut on sticky tape which was a bitch( sorry) to disconnect it from the paper without tearing the design. I peeled off the sticker tape and used glitter to make the snowflakes glitter. I attached the main snowflakes with pop up dots and used glue to adhere the corner ones. I cut out my new die cut stencil saying  and glued it in place and added a bunch of crystals.

No snow here and it feels like spring which I don't like because it's not good for the plants etc...I miss snow.

10 comments:

  1. Hi again, BB!

    I reported for duty on your Thelma Ritter post and very much enjoyed it. I love to gaze at your artistic ability on display whenever you reveal your latest BB Creations. These cards are lovely, dear friend.
    Shades of blue and white are ideal for conveying a sense of winter cold and frozen precip. Like you, I am bummed about this early spring ushered in by the groundhog. Here in my neck of the woods, the temperatures are a good bit above normal and we have had only one substantial snowfall this winter. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for a blizzard and an arctic blast before it's time to tiptoe thru the tulips.

    Thank you very much for visiting me today and for your A+ ongoing friendship. Please feel better soon and try to enjoy the rest of your February. I'll be back with my next post early next month sometime.

    Happy V-Day to you and your hubby, dear friend BB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both very pretty, but I like the Winter Greetings on slightly more because it’s a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blue Birgit and your gorgeous angel…beautiful corners on the second lovely card….
    Snow last week here but it’s gone now and the plants are so confused…take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards! I absolutely love the shimmery goodness and blended colors on your second card! Such a beautiful design! Thank you so much for sharing it with us over at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, shimmery sparkly card, the blended background colours are gorgeous as are the delicate die cuts. Thank you for sharing at Fab 'n' Funky
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your fairy image!!! That is so unique and perfect for Christmas/winter time cards!!! Thanks for sharing at Heart's Quest Fantasy!!! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are so pretty - your blended backgrounds are gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for participating with us over at Dream Valley!
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovey angel card, the blue silver and white work so well together. Thanks for joining us at the Heart's Quest Fantasy Challenge this month Claire DT

    ReplyDelete