Thursday, April 28, 2016

Letter X



A to Z Challenge

...Eddie Albert starred with Ray Milland (Escape to Witch Mountain) who starred in..

1. X-THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES-1962-HORROR



DIRECTOR: Roger Corman
STARS: Ray Milland
PLOT: A brilliant doctor has created X-eye drops to enhance vision and have x-ray vision. he takes the medicine himself and soon can see through walls, bodies etc.. he causes much mahem
QUOTE: Asked by the main character what Crane would like to see, Crane says...All the undressed women my poor eyes can stand.
OSCAR NOMS: Nil
OSCAR WINS: Nil
LOVE: The unique plot even though it is on a shoestring budget
FAVOURITE SCENE: The house party scene-love the dancing
FAVOURITE CHARACTER: Crane (Don Rickles)
TIDBITS: Nighthawk, a comic book character, was drawn to look like Ray Milland and this super hero has eye powers as well
SIX DEGREES (MORE OR LESS) OF SEPARATION: Ray Milland starred with Marlene Dietrich (Golden Earrings) and she starred with Ronald Colman (Kismet). Ronald Colman starred with Jane Wyatt (Lost Horizon) and she starred William Shatner (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home). William Shatner starred with Patrick Stewart (Star Trek(Generations). Patrick Stewart starred in...


2.X-MEN-2000-SCI-FI ACTION




DIRECTOR:Bryan Singer
STARS: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Hugh Jackman, Famke Janssen, Halle Berry, Rebecca Ramijn-Stamos,
PLOT: Mutants are not highly regarded by humans (they freak out) so they try to remain under cover. The mutants can either be trained under the peaceful guidance of Charles Xavier or turn to the dark side and demand respect from the vial humans by Magneto
QUOTE: To the senator, Mystique says...You know, people like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child.
OSCAR NOMS: Nil
OSCAR WINS: Nil
LOVE: The special effects! Wish I had one of those super powers
FAVOURITE SCENE: The chess game between the 2 former friends now foes.
FAVOURITE CHARACTER: Mystique (Rebecca Romijn)-I mean Jeez!
TIDBITS: Due to the blue make-up and prosthesis, Rebecca Romijn had to be kept isolated so on her last day of shooting, she brought in a bottle of tequila where everyone partook. After the break, she had to film her fight scene with Hugh Jackman(Wolverine) and threw up blue barf all over him. You wonder about how safe that blue gunk she wore was.
SIX DEGREES (MORE OR LESS) OF SEPARATION: Ian McLellen starred with Robert Downey Jnr (Restoration) and Downey starred with Robert Duvall (The Judge). Robert Duvall starred with Gregory Peck (To Kill A Mockingbird) who starred with Audrey Hepburn (Roman Holiday). Audrey Hepburn starred with....why, oh why do I not name the next star??? Wait until Y :)

39 comments:

  1. Great picks for X. Most people have a hard time finding something for X. I think like you, I didn't have such a hard time. I love the X-Men films. There are probably a few I still haven't seen. I'm starting to need a check list to make sure I've seen every Marvel film available. It's amazing how you have been able to connect all of these together. If no one else has said that, I'm saying it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I have to catch up with all the X films and even Wolverine

      Delete
  2. Love the X-Men films. Like Jeffrey above, I would like to go back and make sure I have seen all the Marvel films, but I will probably have to be reincarnated to see all the movies and books on my lists. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have lost the last few and must catch up. I want to do that this year

      Delete
  3. Blah to the blue barf. Yeah, that stuff can't be too safe. X-men sure helped start the superhero trend indeed, even if that black leather crap was chosen instead of the comic versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaa I had read that many avid fans hated the black suits.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are a fun series to watch but I have fallen behind

      Delete
  5. Hi, dear Birgit!

    I'm delighed to see X: The Man With The X-Ray Eyes featured in your X post. Roger Corman is one of my favorite producer/directors, Ray Milland is one of my favorite actors and sci-fi and horror are my favorite genres. Corman had a gift for being able to crank out very entertaining movies on a $1.98 budget and in just a few days of filming. I think you might appreciate seeing the post I ran in 2013 to mark the 50th anniversary of this film's U.S. release:

    http://shadydell.blogspot.com/2013/09/warning-this-post-is-x-rayded-and.html

    Thank you very much, dear friend Birgit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look this up for sure and I love Roger Corman because i
      He shows you can make an entertaining film without a mega budget. If you look at my previous post you will see I discuss Unfaithful with Diane Lane.

      Delete
    2. I clicked back to yesterday's post. I'm sorry I missed it. I left a comment about Unfaithful.

      Delete
  6. The Man with the X-Ray Eyes sounds interesting; I hadn't even heard of that one! I have seen several of the X-Men films.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. X is a good film even if it is on a shoe string budget and ends rather abruptly. I have seen the first 3 films but haven't seen the rest...must catch up.

      Delete
  7. Ray Milland had an interesting career. I hadn't heard of that one, but then again, I do avoid horror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not gory and it is intelligent even if a little corny. If I can watch it, I bet you could.

      Delete
  8. The horror film was based on a truly creepy short story. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was surprised at the cast of The Man With Xray Eyes. Don Rickles? I've never seen this one, but I might have to just to watch Rickles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tickles plays it straight in this film and sleazy but quite effective.

      Delete
  10. I don't think I've actually seen X-THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES, although I once read a comic book adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cool to think the one who wrote the comic book used Ray Milland's face as inspiration.

      Delete
  11. Haven't seen either of these but I'm surprised to see the cast list for the first one. Might just look for it online. Great job with X! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, but hubba hubba for the blue gunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a body to die for but the blue barf is not something one wants to experience...blechhh

      Delete
  13. Yeah, but hubba hubba for the blue gunk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good Roger Corman film. Though "good" is subjective!

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Adventure!
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaaa- yes Corman could entertain but his budget was slim and often campy which I love

      Delete
  15. Ray Milland was certainly a fine actor, but I haven't seen this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray Milland seems to have been in some wonky films later on (Man with 2 heads)

      Delete
  16. Hey, I've got Xmen, too! LOL. Fun post, Birgit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall check it out and love that you chose from the X-Men

      Delete
  17. I thought you might pick X-Men :) I own and enjoy the whole series, and looking forward to the next one releasing in May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to catch up....I've seen the first 3 but not the others and need to

      Delete
  18. X- is an easy alphabet when you theme is movies is'nt it ... now that we are doing the slog overs for the A to Z challenge , i must say i have not kept pace with your posts unlike last years' Will be back during the blog hop. Your blog enriches my knowledge on hollywood movies of which i know very little about. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fallen behind and will be visiting you during the week. X is easier regarding movies than many other topics..have to be creative

      Delete
  19. X- is an easy alphabet when you theme is movies is'nt it ... now that we are doing the slog overs for the A to Z challenge , i must say i have not kept pace with your posts unlike last years' Will be back during the blog hop. Your blog enriches my knowledge on hollywood movies of which i know very little about. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  20. Neat picks. You went with X-THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES-1962-HORROR I went with X-Rays.

    ReplyDelete